HOW TO BRUSH YOUR TEETH PROPERLY?CONTENTE
Brushing your teeth is a necessary habit that has always been part of our routine. To be really effective, it is important to pay attention in the way we do this act. Check out the tips:
- Put a bean-sized toothpaste on the toothbrush
- Divide your mouth into “sectors” – upper left, upper right, lower left and lower right – and spend 12 to 15 seconds in each one for proper hygiene
- Brush the inside and outside surfaces of the teeth. Then the chewing surfaces, following the order of the “sectors”
- The ideal is to perform circular or vertical movements, from the gum outwards, repeating the movement about 10 times, every 2 teeth
- Remember to keep movements smooth and short, without putting too much pressure on your teeth and gums
- After brushing your teeth, gently brush your tongue to eliminate bacteria and keep your breath clean and pleasant
- Rinse your mouth to eliminate all residues
- Finish the cleaning by mouthwashing with an alcohol-free mouthwash to enhance the cleaning of teeth and oral mucosa.
Some extra tips can also help in maintaining good oral health:
- Change your brush at least every three months or after a cold / flu to prevent the proliferation of bacteria and fungi
- Brush your teeth after meals or at least three times a day
- Consult your dentist every six months and when you notice any problems or discomfort.